Disney Hacks, How to Save Time and Money at The Park
Here are a a few ways to help save time and money while you are visiting any of the Disney theme parks.
- Celebrating something? Ask a cast member for a FREE celebration button! They will even personalize it for you!
- Free ice water! Yes, ask for a cup of ice water at restaurant-style eateries and get a free cup of water!
- Stay at a hotel that provides FREE breakfast or FREE transportation to and from the park.
- Free admission for children under 3.
- Free Coke samples at Epcot!
- Free Mickey Stickers from the Vacation Club or most cashiers have them behind the register.
- Ponchos- Save money by purchasing ponchos outside of Disney. In most cases, you can buy ponchos for the whole family for the price of one poncho.
- Free Duffy Bear Puppet Craft also doubles as a fan.
- Make your own autograph book- Instead of paying up to $20 for an autograph book, use a mini scrapbook or photo book to make your own.
- Buy Disney gift cards at Target or Costco to save at least 5%.
- Annual pass holders- Free parking and 10% discount on food and souvenirs.
- Stay at the Fort Wilderness Lodge and participate in Chip ‘N Dale’s Campfire Sing-A-Long for Free!
- Free evening Movies at Disney resorts – usually at the pools or beach area.
- Military discount- Receive multi-day passes at a discount by showing your Military id.
- Professional pictures with your camera- Ask a cast member to take a picture of you and your party with your phone or camera. You will get a great photo and it won’t cost you anything!
- AAA discounts- AAA members receive discounts for Disney theme parks admission and many other venues.
- Disney Visa Cardholders receive 10% off select merchandise and dining at the parks.
- Buy souvenirs at a nearby grocery store or drug store and save big bucks on authentic Disney merchandise.
- Driving to the park? Enroll in the Shell Fuel Rewards Program to save at least $0.05 off a gallon, up to 20 gallons.
Save Time By Doing this:
- Take a picture of where you parked. Seriously, people lose their cars at Disney all the time.
- Using the Disney Experience App to check wait times, find characters, locate the nearest restroom, make a dining reservation and more will save you time as well.
- Have a plan of attractions your party wishes to visit.
- Stay at a Disney Resort and score extra Magic Hours. Disney will select a different park each day that will open an hour early and close three hours later, so you get more time to enjoy the park.
- How do I get Free Fast Passes+? Simply use the Disney Experience app and select three rides that you want a Fast Pass+ for. You can select three Fast Passes+ to be loaded into your app as much as 60 days in advance!
- Bring snacks or a small cooler. This will cut down costs and save time as you can grab a snack and keep walking.
- Want to see a show or the parade? Go to the second viewing. The first show is always crowded.